Home 전시· 사업 회원전시

회원전시

고은주 Go Eun Joo - 개인전

전시장소 CICA 미술관, M Gallery 전시기간 2020년 7월15일 ~ 2020년 7월19일 전시작가

1. 작가 이름 (한글/영문)

고은주 Go Eun Joo

2. 작가 소개 (한글/영문)

작가 고은주(1983년생)는 동덕여자대학교에서 한국화 전공으로 학사, 석사, 박사학위를 받았다. 작가는 한원미술관, KT아트홀, 동덕갤러리 등 11차례 개인전과 국내외 다수의 단체전을 가졌고, 최근에는 수원시립아이파크미술관SUWON MUSEUM OF ART에서 주최하는 작가발굴프로젝트 SIMA FARM 프로그램에 참여 한 바 있다. 현재 작가는 평면과 설치의 영역을 넘나들며 활발하게 활동 중이다.

The artist, Eun-joo Go (born in 1983), received her bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees from Dongduk Women’s University, her major being Korean Painting. The artist held 11 solo exhibitions at Hanwon Art Museum, KT Art Hall, and Dongduk Gallery, etc. as well as numerous group exhibitions. Recently, she participated in the SIMA FARM program, a project for the discovery of artists organized by the Suwon Museum of Art. Currently, the artist is actively engaging in her creative works by traversing through the domains of painting and installation arts.

3. 작품 설명 / 작가노트 (한글/영문)

나의 작품은 여성이란 무엇인가?’ 라는 근원적인 질문에서 출발하였다. 특히 여성은 남성과는 다르게 생물학적으로 임신, 출산의 능력을 갖는다는 존재론적 특성에 주목하면서 여성의 존재성을 나타내는 모성의 본질적 가치와 의미에 대해 탐구하기 시작하였다. 주로 꽃을 소재로 삼고있는데 단순히 장식적 탐미적으로 바라보는 대상으로만 존재하는 것이 아니라 하나의 생명체이자 교감을 나누는 대상이다. 꽃에서 생명을 잉태하고 생성시키며, 돌봄, 양육을 하는 모습을 통해 인간과 자연이 지니고 있는 공통적인 속성을 발견하여 여성의 개념을 새롭게 연구하는 소재가 된다. 나의 작업에서 꽃의 상징을 통한 모성성의 탐구는 여성의 존재의 탐구이자 동시에 인간 존재의 탐구인 셈이다.

최근 작업들은 한국 신화에서 나타나는 모성원형이 단초가 되었다. 신화를 통해 바라본 모성(母性)은 생명의 근원이자 모태로서의 자아실현 의지, 자신의 생산물에 대한 보호의지, 자애라는 감정, 생명의 원천과 비밀을 파악할 수 있는 능력 등을 지니고 있다. 고대 동서양 신화 속의 모성은 생명의 근원이자 모태로서 대모신(大母神)에 기원을 두고 있다. 이 세계가 마치 어머니가 아이를 낳듯이 생겨났다는 고대인들의 생각은 최초의 신을 어머니 여신으로 표상하게 한 것이다.

현재 작업은 한국고대신화에 등장하는 서천꽃밭(西天花田)의 생명의 꽃을 소재로 사용하고 있으며 부적의 시원이 되었던 설위설경(設位說經)에서 모티브를 얻어 제작하였다. 내가 요즘 과거에 관심을 갖고 신화, 설화 등을 연구하는 이유 중 하나는 그것을 통해 지금, 여기 우리들의 삶의 의미를 바르게 파악하기 위함이다. 신화 속에 나타난 모성원형들을 분석하여 과거의 집단의식이나 무의식, 문화와 생활을 이해하고 이를 현재의 여성에 투영시켜보는 것은 결국 여성의 가치를 다원화된 현대 사회에 새롭게 부각시키고 일상에서 구체적으로 현실화 시킬수 있는 담론으로서의 기능을 할 수 있을 것이다.

My works began from the fundamental question of ‘what is being a woman?’ In particular, I began to explore the innate value and significance of maternal instinct that exhibit the existence of women by focusing on the existential characteristics of women who, in contrast to men, have biological capabilities for pregnancy and childbirth. I use flowers as the motif in most of my works that exist as a living thing and a subject for communion rather than simply as a subject to be viewed as a decorative and aesthetic object. Through the process of conception and generation of life from the flower, and the caring and growing in such life, I discover the common attributes that both human beings and nature have, which become the materials for new research on the concept of woman. Exploration of maternal instincts through the symbolism of flowers in my works is the exploration of the existence of women, as well as the existence of human beings at the same time.

Archetypes of the maternal instincts illustrated in Korean myths became the motivation for my recent works. Maternal instinct viewed through myths is equipped with the volition for self-realization as the source of and fertile ground for life, will-power to protect one’s own creation, emotion of benevolence, and the ability to discern the origins and secrets of life. Maternal instincts in the ancient Eastern and Western myths originated from the Great Mother Goddess as the source of and fertile ground for life. The perception of the ancient people that this world was created just as a mother gives birth to a child symbolized the first god as the Great Mother Goddess.

My current work uses the flower of life from the Seocheon (western heaven) flower garden appearing in the ancient mythology of Korea as the object with the Seolwuiseolgyeong (fancy decoration made of paper in the venue of exorcism in Korea), which became the origin of the talisman. One of the reasons why I researched mythologies and fables with interest in recent years is to use them to properly discern the meanings of our present lives. Understanding the collective consciousness or unconsciousness, culture, and life by analyzing the archetypes of maternal instincts illustrated in myths and projecting them onto the women in our current era would ultimately serve the function as a discourse that newly highlights the value of women in the diversified modern society and specifically realizing that value in our daily lives.

4. 약력

고은주 Go Eun Joo

동덕여자대학교 및 일반대학원 회화과 졸업

동덕여자대학교 조형예술학 박사

개인전

2007-2019 11회 개인전 (한원 미술관, 자작나무숲 미술관, 갤러리 써포먼트, 갤러리 너트, 더케이갤러리, 동덕아트갤러리, 인사아트센터, 갤러리 아카, KT 아트홀)

주요 단체전

2020 작가발굴프로젝트 SIMA FARM수원시립미술관, 수원

2019 히든아티스트DDP, 서울

2019 어제와 다른 내일 양평군립미술관, 양평

2018 모란정원이천시립월전미술관, 이천

2018 전남국제수묵비엔날레목포문화예술회관, 목포

2018 Digital Era - Rediscovery of HANJILA 한국문화원, 미국

2017 한국미술응원프로젝트 Vol.2세종문화회관 미술관, 서울

2017 갤러리너트 선정 우수작가 2인전 갤러리너트, 서울

2016 탈고 안된 전설 동덕아트갤러리, 서울

2014 가헌 최완수 선생님 헌수전아라아트센터,서울

2011 오늘의 한국화 다양성과 시대정신현대갤러리, 대전